Same old slavo Skopjian skata
ERIC
2011-12-01 01:45:26 UTC
A friend gave me a heads up for this BS filled article printed yesterday in
the National Post---the National Post is a Canadian right wing newspaper
fancied by Nashton and other right wing Greek Canadians in this newsgroup.
It presents the same old slavo Skopjian crap we've seen for the past15
years. This article, however, unfortunately gets pretty wide readership
within the Canadian tea party-wannabe crowd.

http://www.nationalpost.com/todays-paper/country+called+Macedonia/5781440/story.html

Regards
Eric
pavel
2011-12-01 15:17:25 UTC
Post by ERIC
A friend gave me a heads up for this BS filled article printed yesterday in
the National Post---the National Post is a Canadian right wing newspaper
fancied by Nashton and other right wing Greek Canadians in this newsgroup.
It presents the same old slavo Skopjian crap we've seen for the past15
years.  This article, however, unfortunately gets pretty wide readership
within the Canadian tea party-wannabe crowd.
http://www.nationalpost.com/todays-paper/country+called+Macedonia/578...
Regards
Eric
I cannot understand what here is incorrect.
Below is the artilce, itself.
Regards: Pavel

======================================
.
A country called Macedonia

Metodija A. Koloski and Mark Branov,
National Post · Nov. 29, 2011

Rarely has a country's standing in the community of nations collapsed
as quickly as that of Greece. For months now, the nation has been on
the cusp of defaulting on its massive debt, thereby threatening not
only the global economy, but also the very structure of the European
Union.

And yet, Greece always seems to have plenty of money on hand to wage
its obsessive propaganda war against the independent republic of
Macedonia, which sits on Greece's northern border.

As always, Balkan problems are rooted in history. More than a century
ago, the Macedonians fought to free themselves from the Ottomans, at
the Ilinden Uprising. A decade later, world powers succeeded in using
the proxy armies of Bulgaria, Greece and Serbia to push the Ottomans
out of Macedonia, and eventually Europe. But those three kingdoms then
went to war against one another, while the indigenous Macedonians were
pushed aside.

In 1913, the Treaty of Bucharest crippled the prospect of an
independent Macedonian state. A large part of Macedonian territory was
annexed to Greece; another large part went to the King of Serbia; and
a smaller part to the Bulgarians.

Since then, the Greek state has been paranoid about losing its
northern territory to a unified Macedonian entity. This fear led to,
among other things, systematic killing of Macedonians in northern
Greece. Through three major wars, countless Macedonians were killed or
forced from their homes by the Greek state. This "Hellenization"
policy ultimately failed, and a restless Macedonian minority continues
to struggle under Greek rule to this day.

Until the mid-1980s, the word "Macedonia" itself was taboo in Greece.
But, when it became obvious that Yugoslavia - into which part of
Macedonia had been absorbed when that country was formed - would
disintegrate in the twilight of the Cold War, Athens decided to switch
tactics by co-opting the Macedonian "brand."

By the late '80s, Greek officials had started renaming everything in
northern Greece, to give it an artificial Greco-Macedonian façade.
Airports, universities and roads were renamed as "Macedonian" and new
Alexander of Macedon statues were erected for the first time. To this
day, Greece demands that the term Macedonia be used, by itself, only
in reference to the region of northern Greece upon which it has
fastened this geographical label.

In 1991, the real Macedonia declared independence peacefully - one of
the first pieces of the former Yugoslavia that went its own way. This
angered Serbia's Slobodan Milosevic and Greece's Constantinos
Mitsotakis, who even considered a military invasion. Greece blocked
Macedonia's UN membership and imposed a devastating three-year trade
embargo, which left Macedonia with 70% unemployment. But Milosevic
eventually became preoccupied by wars in Bosnia and Croatia, so the
invasion never came.

of "Hellenic" symbols, Macedonia modified its national flag and
eventually was admitted to the UN under the ridiculous temporary term
"the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia" ("FYR Macedonia"). Such
compromises were embedded in an agreement called the Interim Accord
(IA), which led to the diplomatic stalemate that persists to this day.
The IA forces Macedonia to continue "negotiations" with Greece ad
infinitum, even though the Macedonians (rightly) have no intention of
backing off from their name or identity. Meanwhile, the Greeks
continue to make life as difficult as possible for Macedonia in
international fora. In 2008, for instance, Athens vetoed Macedonia's
NATO membership.

Canada has taken a different approach, however. In 2007, Canada
officially dropped the use of "FYR" before the word Macedonia and
fully recognized Macedonia as what it is - Macedonia, full stop. In
2009, National Defence Minister Peter MacKay suggested a "consensus
minus one" formula for new membership, to free NATO from
obstructionist Greek tactics.

The NATO Summit in Chicago next May represents a historic chance to
lift any doubt over Macedonia's future security. Macedonia has met all
the requirements for NATO membership. Indeed, it is the fourthlargest
contributor per capita to the ISAF mission in Afghanistan, despite not
even being a NATO member yet.

It is a moral imperative for Canada to truly stand up to the bankrupt
Greeks next May, to support Macedonia's identity as a prospective NATO
member, and to preserve peace and security in the Balkans.
Kickboxer ®™
2011-12-01 16:11:42 UTC
Post by pavel
I cannot understand what here is incorrect.
Below is the artilce, itself.
    Regards: Pavel
In addition to the historical falsehoods, the act of buying ad space
for propaganda, the timing, and the subliminal message of the
liberated woman.

Revenge is coming assholes.
Nestor
2011-12-01 19:13:54 UTC
Post by pavel
Post by ERIC
A friend gave me a heads up for this BS filled article printed yesterday in
the National Post---the National Post is a Canadian right wing newspaper
fancied by Nashton and other right wing Greek Canadians in this newsgroup.
It presents the same old slavo Skopjian crap we've seen for the past15
years.  This article, however, unfortunately gets pretty wide readership
within the Canadian tea party-wannabe crowd.
http://www.nationalpost.com/todays-paper/country+called+Macedonia/578...
Regards
Eric
I cannot understand what here is incorrect.
Below is the artilce, itself.
Regards: Pavel
It is a moral imperative for Canada to truly stand up to the bankrupt
Greeks next May, to support Macedonia's identity as a prospective NATO
member, and to preserve peace and security in the Balkans.
The two words "bankrupt Greeks" is one of the most hatefull words
addressed for another people that I've seen in years.She means a
morally banrupt people nothing to do with the economy of Greece.She
could have said "cash strapped" or "financially strapped" Greece, but
Nooo the fakin Vulgarian c*nt acts like a member of the master
race,calling other people "bankrupt".
--
The fact that people don't agree with some PhD in biology with
ultra-leftist leanings and proclivities, hardly makes them idiots.